Granting a marketing agency or any other partner company access to your Facebook Page is almost the same as giving an individual access to the page, with a few key differences.
First of all Agency Access is done via the Facebook Business Manager, and the company must first send you an access request to your page from their Facebook Business Manager, unlike with individuals where the admin has to add them first.
What is Facebook Business Manager?
Facebook Business Manager is a platform created by Facebook to helps businesses or individuals manage all their Facebook assets by integrating them, and providing a proper management system.
It is perfect for agencies and companies, as well as individuals who have multiple pages, ad accounts, and more.
As of 2020, the agency request still does not show up on the Facebook Pages mobile app so you will have to login to Facebook on your laptop for this. You also need to be an Admin of the page to approve this request.
Approving agency access to your Facebook Page
Login to Facebook, open your Facebook Page, and click on the Settings tab.
Under Page Roles, scroll down till you can see the Pending partner requests heading. Find the right partner request, and click Respond to Request.
You can review the information about the Business Account here. Once you are sure that it is the right company, click Continue.
Make sure that you never approve any random or unknown requests. If you receive a request, and you are not sure about the origin, then contact your team.
In this stage you can review what permissions and roles you are giving to the partner. The level of access or permissions is based on the request sent by the partner agency (i.e. they can send a request for full permissions or just some).
Click Accept Request.
You will now be prompted to re-enter your Facebook password. Enter your password and click on Submit.
And you’re done!
Why Agency Access and not Individual Access?
Working with Agency access or Partner access has much more advantages than giving roles and permissions individually for both parties.
Benefits for the partner company or agency:
- They are able to initiate the request in the first place without having to wait for the customer.
- Once access has been granted, they are able to assign roles within their own team by themselves without needing to contact the customer.
- All of their customer’s pages and other Facebook assets are located in the same space, and can be managed accordingly.
- They are able to link the page to other Facebook assets such as Ad Accounts, pixels, and more.
- The agency can control exactly which employees need access, and can remove the access if needed, especially when employees leave the agency.
Benefits for the customer:
- The customer doesn’t need to worry about which persons to give access to – they just have to give access to the partner’s Business Manager.
- There is less clutter in the page since the Agency Access only shows the agency’s Business Manager name in the Page Roles menu.
Having trouble granting agency access to your Facebook Page?
If you are still having trouble granting partner or agency access to your page, then please contact your Client Servicing contact person and they will help you.